Initially we had a brief discussion about creating extracts, hiding unused fields and rolling up the time dimension and an error message that this caused Helen.
Continue running through some chart variations from the standards:
1. Diverging bar chart – eg for population pyramids
2. Diverging area chart – and the improved look
3. We talked about the (now) default “nested” sorting that Tableau applies when there are more than 1 dimension in the shelf
4. Adding clarity to the top line of a area chart
5. Adding clarity to the top line of a stacked area chart
6. Adding clarity to the division in a 100% stacked area chart with binary values (eg true and false)
7. A whole load of scatter chart variations leading up the famous Hans Rosling World Population fertility and life expectation progression from 1960 to 2013.